- Architects & Builders
- Project Gallery
- About Us
Thinking about replacing your windows or doors? The prospect of all that stress, anxiety, confusion, and hassle may have you thinking twice. How do you know when windows or doors should be replaced? How do you select new models? How do you find the right installer? Relax. You start here, with clear education from the Franklin Window & Door team and our partners at Marvin Windows and Doors.
First things first! If your windows have cosmetic issues such as chipped paint, tarnished hardware, or worn weather stripping, replacing these small elements might be all you need to do.
On the other hand, be on the lookout for signs that performance and safety are not up to par. You might see faulty operation (e.g. difficulty opening or closing), drafts, leaks, foggy glass, or stains. And, of course, if a window is cracked or broken, it should be replaced to keep your home secure.
If you’re replacing doors, consider the same questions. Is your current door drafty? Are there issues with function? Is it broken? If so, choose a style that works for you and the look you’re going for. From craftsman and farmhouse to pivot and over-sized styles, the possibilities truly are endless. The experts at Franklin Window and Door are ready to help you narrow down your choices and make the right decision for your home.
Marvin manufactures some of the best doors and windows in the world, and material choice plays a large role in the quality, performance, and appearance you can expect.
● Wood. A classic, versatile, option, you can select from a variety of species to get the warmth and durability you need.
● Fiberglass. Marvin’s Integrity Essential fiberglass products offer exceptional durability with easy maintenance. They also stand up to even the toughest environments.
● Extruded Aluminum - Clad. The exterior of Marvin’s wood windows are clad with extruded aluminum. This delivers a durable finish that can withstand the elements - and look terrific while doing so!
Once you’ve decided on these major elements, dig into the details:
● Color. Choose from a wide array of color and stain options, perfectly curated to complement your home.
● Hardware, Glass, and Accessories. Whether you want glass inserts, a transom, a brass lock set, or a special hinge for your oversized door, the experts at Franklin Window & Door will ensure your choices enhance the beauty of your windows and doors - as well as their functionality.
● Upgrades. Do you want Marvin and Integrity screens for privacy and aesthetics? Fabric shades? A lock status sensor? These upgrades can make a significant difference.
You don’t have to go through this process alone! We are here to walk you through it, step by step. At a sit-down consultation, we’ll answer any questions you have, provide clear information and support, and help you finalize your decisions.
At this point, you’ll get a comprehensive quote. This is based on a variety of factors, including the type, size, and quantity of windows/doors, materials, features, customization, and installation.