Do Your Windows Need to Be Replaced?
First things first! If your windows have cosmetic issues such as chipped paint, tarnished hardware, or worn weather stripping, replacing these small elements might be all you need to do.
On the other hand, be on the lookout for signs that performance and safety are not up to par. You might see faulty operation (e.g. difficulty opening or closing), drafts, leaks, foggy glass, or stains. And, of course, if a window is cracked or broken, it should be replaced to keep your home secure.
Open the Door to New Possibilities
If you’re replacing doors, consider the same questions. Is your current door drafty? Are there issues with function? Is it broken? If so, choose a style that works for you and the look you’re going for. From craftsman and farmhouse to pivot and over-sized styles, the possibilities truly are endless. The experts at Franklin Window and Door are ready to help you narrow down your choices and make the right decision for your home.
Choose Your Windows and Doors
Now, the stressful part. Or the fun part, depending on your point of view! Considering the windows that you need to replace, also take a look at the spaces they are in. Would another style or type of window enhance the room and offer better functionality? For example, you may want to take advantage of southern exposure with a picture window or update to a more contemporary look with the Marvin Modern line.
Look at Materials
Marvin manufactures some of the best doors and windows in the world, and material choice plays a large role in the quality, performance, and appearance you can expect.
● Wood. A classic, versatile, option, you can select from a variety of species to get the warmth and durability you need.
● Fiberglass. Marvin’s Integrity ULTREX fiberglass products offer exceptional durability with easy maintenance. They also stand up to even the toughest environments.
● Extruded Aluminum-Clad. The exterior of Marvin’s wood windows are clad with extruded aluminum. This delivers a durable finish that can withstand the elements - and look terrific while doing so!
Once you’ve decided on these major elements, dig into the details:
● Color. Choose from a wide array of color and stain options, perfectly curated to complement your home.
● Hardware, Glass, and Accessories. Whether you want glass inserts, a transom, a brass lock set, or a special hinge for your oversized door, the experts at Franklin Window & Door will ensure your choices enhance the beauty of your windows and doors - as well as their functionality.
● Upgrades. Do you want Marvin and Integrity screens for privacy and aesthetics? Fabric shades? A lock status sensor? These upgrades can make a significant difference.
Sit Down with the Experts
You don’t have to go through this process alone! We are here to walk you through it, step by step. At a sit-down consultation, we’ll answer any questions you have, provide clear information and support, and help you finalize your decisions.
At this point, you’ll get a comprehensive quote. This is based on a variety of factors, including the type, size, and quantity of windows/doors, materials, features, customization, and installation.
Speaking of Installation…
Franklin Window and Door is a Marvin Authorized Replacement Contractor and can handle your installation. We understand window and door replacement is a major undertaking, and we will help you through the ins-and-outs of planning and preparing for your installation.
To prepare, move any rugs, furniture, or other items away from the windows/doors that need to be replaced. Your installer will go on a walk-through with you, so you can point out areas of which they should be mindful (e.g. landscaping, delicate furniture). From there, a professional team will come, install, clean up, double-check everything is perfect, handle any permitting details, and, finally, get out of your hair so you can enjoy your new Marvin windows and doors!
But first - we’ll also give you some easy tips to keep your windows and doors looking great for years to come.
It’s all part of working with the experts at Franklin Window & Door and Marvin. We want the process to be as stress free - and fun - as possible. Download this helpful Window and Door Replacement Guide from Marvin to learn more, and contact us to schedule a free in-home consultation.